Known by some as the last best place on earth, Montana is home to some of the most beautiful scenery, vast open spaces and the kindest people you will ever meet. If Montana is on your list of places to consider for moving, here are our top 5 reasons to live in Big Sky Country.
- No Sales Tax - That's right. There is no sales tax in Montana. This benefit can come in handy when you are moving to a new state and need to purchase things like household furniture or appliances. The savings from no sales tax can go a long way throughout the year.
- Open Spaces - There is nothing like the Montana skyline, no matter what time of year. If you wish to retire or move your family to a state with open spaces and room to grow then this is the state for you.
- Air Quality - With all of the mountain air, open surroundings and small population, the air quality in Montana is the best you'll find in the U.S. Imagine breathing in fresh, crisp air every day as you head out the door or when you return from work.
- Fewer People - Other than Wyoming, Montana is ranked as one of the least dense states in the U.S. which leads to our points above with open spaces and good air quality. Although some of the larger cities like Billings or Missoula are thriving with culture and diversity, most of the state is still wide open for national and local parks.
- Beautiful Surroundings - Big Sky Country is like nothing else you'll ever experience. From the mountains to lakes and streams to the open fields, there is beauty everywhere you look in Montana. Coupled with the beautiful surroundings are the wildlife that is still in abundance throughout the state.
If you are considering moving to Montana, we are here to answer any questions you may have about the area or help you plan your new custom home plans for your move to Big Sky Country.